Pages

Taeyang Talks about His Friendship with G-Dragon

Taeyang Talks about His Friendship with G-Dragon

Taeyang of Big Bang, who recently started his solo activities, has expressed freely on his feelings towards G-Dragon.

Through his interview with Newsen on the 7th, he thanked G-Dragon for featuring on his solo album.

“I’m greatful that Jiyong (G-Dragon’s real name) participated in this album. There is a lot to say about ‘I Need A Girl’, but it’s one of those songs that only G-Dragon can be featured in. Jiyong is my best friend and we talk about private matters a lot. ‘I Need A Girl’ is a song which is about a guy talking about love to his friend, so G-Dragon would naturally be the best option to collaborate with. He knows me more than anyone else and I felt that he was the best featuring rapper. So I asked him, and he did the best rap possible.”

The friendship between G-Dragon and Taeyang is well-known amongst fans. G-Dragon especially has praised Taeyang a lot, garnering attention.

In regards to this, Taeyang responded:

“I’m really happy that Jiyong looks at me in that light. He’s a friend who I’ve been with for almost 10 years, and we gain a lot from each other. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be this person today. He made me want to try harder in what I do. We have qualities which the other doesn’t have. This can be irritating at times, though it helps most of the time. I think we were a match made in heaven.”

Upon being asked about his feelings on G-Dragon as a singer, he replied:

“Even if I eliminate my personal feelings towards him on this judgement, he is still a good musician. There aren’t many people who can rap like him, and his musical abilities are amazing. However, he becomes an issue no matter what he does, so there is a lot of gossip about him. I feel sorry for him as a friend as he is sometimes treated in a deregatory fashion.”

Taeyang has recently released ‘I Need A Girl’ and started promotions. It has gained attention due to G-Dragon’s featuring.

Credit: Kim Hyung Woo @ newsen.com
Translation: kimbap @ kpoplive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment